Things I Don't Remember

eating snacks all around the world

Sunday, July 15, 2012

LUDACRISSSSSSS and Shooting Guns Etc.

I bought a scooter!!!! It is adorable, lightweight, fast and easy to use. I love it! Its a Taiwanese Sym Mio named Quincy, and it's really similar in handling to my old Yamaha Zuma. Due to the fact that it's now monsoon season, I've only driven it once in the week I've had it, but clear skies are soon ahead. :)


Oh my goodness what a freaking crazy weekend!
First- Friday was a field trip with my school, two hours away to the Yeosu World Expo (The world's fair basically). It took ALL DAY and I saw some really interesting things (pictures to come) but I was pretty shattered by the end of it/band practice.

Then, Saturday, Eve, Emma, Sarah, Sean and I trekked four hours north and went to a waterpark where Ludacris and company were playing. We stopped on the way and had a delicious Indian lunch so we were a bit later getting to the park than we had hoped- it closed at 6PM and we got there at almost four. Sean and I managed to fit in one ride on this crazy blackout slide- which was totally worth the insane wait- and some not so lazy lazy rivering, it was fun. (All the while, it was kind of pouring down rain.) We got some food and drinks and then it was time to party....We got SO close to the stage- it was definitely one of the craziest musical experiences I've had- we got on the big screen a whole bunch of times, just dancing and having a great time- and we watched the whole thing standing in the FREAKING WAVE POOL! Wow. Ludacris was actually amazing, so fun.... and the Korean groups that we saw were also pretty great, which I kind of didn't expect.


The girls and I in our ponchos :)

Sunday, Sean and I woke up early and went to Seoul for even more ridiculous good times. We first went to Myeongdong and shot guns, haha. First of all, this is exciting because, well, we were shooting really bad ass revolvers and that in itself was great. I've never shot a revolver before and it's probably been 10 years since I shot any kind of gun at all. Secondly, guns are illegal in Korea, so aside from like, joining the army, this was the only place that ANYONE could shoot guns in Korea. It was special. I shot a Ruger .357 Magnum and I did much better than I thought! (Again, pictures to probably come)

Ruger .357.... I liked it maybe too much

They let us keep the targets and 6/10 shots of mine were kills! I was oddly proud of myself....

Anyway after that we ventured out to a little burger place owned by a Canadian guy (!) where we dined happily on the best poutines and burgers, Dr. Pepper, heaven. We barely made it back to Jinju on time for band practice, exhausted but elated.

I haven't had even a mediocre weekend in recent memory. This weekend Cancertron is playing our two shows before Sean goes back to Canada. Time will tell if we will find another guitarist, or, just cease to exist. So many exciting things to come!!!


More super soon!
<3 M

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home