Things I Don't Remember

eating snacks all around the world

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

OMGZ!

SOOO!!! I've just gotten back from a five day training (orientation! can you believe it?! I've been here 8 months and I'm JUST getting trained now!!!) in Seoul. For the most part, it was incredibly boring - the information delivered to me would have been 1000% more useful to me even six months ago. However, I met a lot of really cool people- and though the classes completely sucked, we made our own fun somehow. The best part of the whole thing (aside from the parts spent after hours at a bar) was the field trip- the whole group of about 200 of us loaded onto four buses and had an afternoon experiencing Korean culture (food, clothing, dance, music).
wearing hanbok- my headpiece means i'm a concubine. cool!

hard at work at orientation with jackie and new friends
Surprisingly, I had mixed feelings about leaving- sad to be saying goodbye so quickly to my new friends, but mostly, really siked about heading back to Jinju. (I'll see the new ones again soon anyway... this country is small!)


Life is moving at an incredible speed lately- I really can't believe next week is MAY. I've been busy laying in the sun, playing music, and generally enjoying myself. This weekend, I perform in the Vagina Monologues, though I'm pretty ill prepared for it, I have faith it will turn out ok.

Anyway, today, four REALLY exciting things happened:
1. I bought tickets to see RADIOHEAD in July!!! In KOREA! They're playing a 3 day festival- with special guests The Stone Roses, Elvis Costello and JACK WHITE! Seriously jumping off the walls.
2. I arrived to a CARE PACKAGE FROM HEATHER! Full of amazing stuff!! Heather you rock.
3. Sean booked a trip for us to go DIVING WITH SHARKS June 2nd!!!!! You read that right! HOLY CRAP!
 *4. We ALSO made plans to go shoot revolvers in Seoul... the only place you're allowed to touch a gun in Korea. !!!!!!

It just keeps getting better! The weather is a perfect reflection of my spirits.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home