Things I Don't Remember

eating snacks all around the world

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Summer Update

It's been a minute! I've been keeping pretty busy and there are too many crazy and wonderful things to mention over the duration of the last month, which has pretty much been a blur of non-stop fun and funny adventures. There is so much to celebrate- life is so good every day. I'll go with my birthday first.

I turned 25 last Tuesday! It snuck up on me and I didn't plan anything special, but when I got to school, the teachers had gotten a cake for me and surprised me by singing Happy Birthday in (sort of) English! It was really a special gesture. I celebrated my quarter century with a lengthy nap at school. When I got home, I found many wonderful surprises hidden in my apartment from Sean, followed by an awesome Japanese dinner, cupcakes, more surprises and drinks with Eve, Sarah, Jackie, Anna and Chelsea. To top off a freaking awesome day, Sean made McGriddles for me the next morning. On top of officially now (finally) being tapeworm free (!), all in all 25 couldn't have started any better.




Next, the fourth of July:

Being that it fell on a workday here, and most of us are in bed by 11 on weeknights (really cool I know) we had to really commit to the idea of celebrating here in Jinju. Jackie organized the meeting place down by the river (and brought her grill!) around 8:30 and steadily, Americans and the other foreigners who love us flowed in. All in all there were maybe twenty of us, it was really lovely! We roasted marshmallows, shot off fireworks, sang the national anthem together, danced, swam in the river, and drank far more than we should (I called in sick to work the next day.... for the first time. Though I didn't feel guilty because I made a pizza).


(me... ha!) Eve and Dallas by the riverside

This weekend the band is going to get to work on recording music! Our practices have been steadily getting better and we're even playing our first show as Cancertron this Saturday night. We've been hard at work writing all of the music and we're all really excited! 

Other important news:
I am officially staying in Korea until (at least) September 2013! Though it's not quite time to collect my thoughts over my year here, I am so happy here, and feel ready to begin another contract.

More soon!!
<3 M

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home