Things I Don't Remember

eating snacks all around the world

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Blood and Sweat

Friday night was a little send off for a friend leaving Korea (all too common these days) and an outside party was planned with various fun (dangerous) events in most extreme elimination challenge style (hula hoops set on fire, etc). Sitting on the steps preparing for the festivities (by filling water balloons with coke), I  reached into Sean's bag (where there was apparently a tiny sword of some kind) and stabbed myself in the middle finger.

Naturally it bled all over the place and required a (very reluctant) hospital trip to get a few stitches. (Got that semi-annual hospital trip out of the way!) Luckily, my Korean friend Jiwon (who is also a nurse!) was able to come with me and translate everything to the attendants at the hospital- we were in and out in about 10 minutes! Korea's health care system always amazes me! I was only upset that I had to miss playing the game. After some McDonald's and rejoining my friends it was as if it didn't even happen.

Saturday, we headed to the beach in Samcheonpo for an afternoon of swimming, watermelon eating and grilling (delicious steaks.... yum). The beach was small but had ziplining available for only about $7! (Next time)

Sunday the girls and I went to Jackie's church to hear her give testimony. It was sunny and beautiful and after a hearty brunch, we went to the river and Emma and I swam. It was all in all refreshing and glorious.

Just keeping on with the goodness!
More soon,
<3 M

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a full, fun-filled weekend (sans the stitches). Keep on keeping on.
Love you BIG!
Mom

June 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home