Things I Don't Remember

eating snacks all around the world

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Today, June 1st, marks nine months I've been in Korea. Nine months! I can't believe it. When these month-markers roll by, I can't help but reflect on my time here- and how my life has changed since coming here. At this point, though I know my feelings will change soon enough, I can't imagine leaving Korea. I've made a home and a life here and the thought of leaving it...

It's been a minute since my last post. There are so many wonderful, crazy things that have happened that I can't possibly cram into a little blog post, but life is so, so good. I'm currently wrapping up my ninth week in a row not working five days in a row- there have been so many holidays, school celebrations, field trips, etc, that I've somehow managed to easily slide through a solid 20% of my working time here. If I really think about it, with all of the other vacations/desk warming time I've done, I would estimate my actual teaching time at about 40% (60% vacation). Awesome.

I do have a tapeworm, haha. I got it a while back (a few months) from eating undercooked pork, I think. I originally got treatment for it but I guess it never really went away, and now I'm on some kind of pills that are meant for dogs and cats.

Last weekend my friends and enjoyed a public holiday (Buddha's Birthday) camping on an island off the south coast of Korea for two nights and three days. It was perfect weather, relaxing in the sand, campfires, awesome food and a lot of laughter. I


One thing that has been kind of a bummer is all the goodbyes I've been having to make. It's a fact of life about living in Korea: people come into your life, and pretty much the moment you realize how much they mean to you, they leave. Last Friday I had to say goodbye to Caroline, one of my first friends in Korea and certainly one of my dearest. It was a difficult night, and though I'm looking forward to spending the summer with the others who are leaving, I can't begin to understand how I'm going to feel in September, when I have to pretty much make all new friends. Sad.

Tomorrow I'm going SCUBA diving with sharks and Sean at the Busan aquarium, so this may be my last post ever if I somehow get eaten. If I don't get eaten I plan on at least petting a shark....

And more after that.
<3 M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home