Things I Don't Remember

eating snacks all around the world

Sunday, November 13, 2011

School has been crazy lately- so many last second schedule changes that I've nearly missed a class twice this week that I didn't even know I had! It's been stressful. Thursday was my first day at school without my co-teacher (she was on a business trip) and so I was literally the only person in the school who spoke English. It was very strange... but I did alright :)

The week was long and gray, and I was too happy when it was finally Friday and the sun was shining. Friday, 11/11/11, was National Pepero Day. Pepero is a long, thin cookie stick dipped in chocolate. Yes, it's a holiday dedicated to chocolate, because the cookie sticks resemble '1's- couples consider themselves '11's and give each other Pepero as gifts (kind of like Valentine's Day, but I think even more depressing if you're a single person, haha- you're just a '1'). I came to school in a fog and was completely delighted when my students practically showered me with these cookies. I ate so much, haha, and I stashed some in my desk for later, too :) 

My two friends, Aine and Gareth, are leaving, and this weekend was their farewell festivities. It was a weekend of pizza and ice cream, rock climbing, lounging on the grass in the sun, shopping, an insane buffet feast, too much wine, karaoke, cat cafe, and lots of laughter. It was one of the best so far :)  


went to the cat cafe (again, haha) with memis.... loved this big guy! i love it there far too much
my second grade boys on friday, being themselves after school 

a very excited morgan about to dive into a giant plate of nachos

the assignment: draw you, wearing your favorite outfit. 

a lovely, warm and sunny saturday afternoon on the grass at jinju castle

sarah on her climb up the difficult wall

and me from the top!!!! it was really hard! i am so sore today, haha
ryan, at a delightful level of physical pain at the buffet

the whole bloated gang! me, sarah, ryan, eve, annie, aine, kyle, gareth, cr, caroline, sean, billy and eoin


Though I'm sad my friends are leaving,
Just, happy.
:)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home