Things I Don't Remember

eating snacks all around the world

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Let's Beat Some Kids Up!

Today was a good day at school.
The kids were very well behaved to the point of being cute and nice again. It was great! We laughed together, they listened to my directions, and actually followed through! I didn't have to yell! It was such a nice change of pace.

Then I learned why....
Corporal Punishment still exists in my school. Yes, that's right. In a fit of frustration, I told my teacher yesterday afternoon who the big problem makers were in my class (Bob and Big Georgie). They were causing other students to be bad as well, students who were normally good. She told me that they cause problems in almost every other class as well (so it's not just me) and told me the situation would be taken care of.

After lunch this afternoon, I walked in to my office to see her and the history teacher standing in the corner of the room with bamboo rods in their hands, and two boys kneeling in front of them. The teachers smacked the boys on the face and shoulders about 10 times, and then they ran from the room crying.

Umm.... OMG?!?

I didn't really know what to say.... I've definitely felt like punching these kids in the heads before (see: yesterday's post! haha) but after it kind of happened, I feel pretty guilty. I guess I kind of feel like a rat for telling her about these kids but I honestly didn't know what else to do. Is corporal punishment ok? I don't want them to obey me because they are afraid of the bamboo rod! I want them to enjoy my class and have fun and practice their conversation skills!

Can't wait to watch Beauty and the Beast and eat crepes with my friends tonight!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

labels: corporal punishment. (betcha didn't see that one coming)

October 14, 2011 at 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home