Things I Don't Remember

eating snacks all around the world

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Look at your knuckles

Look at your knuckles. Ups and downs, peaks and valleys.... the theme of my autumn it seems..... though less extreme than before. One day I make small strides towards being understood and being comfortable. The next day, it seems I fight to keep the ground I just covered the day before. It is in turns encouraging and crushing.

I've had a good couple of days. Yesterday was such a good day. I got a package from my mom, which included a giant bag of sour patch kids and a french press (with two varieties of real coffee!). I was beside myself with excitement to go home and use it. This morning I enjoyed the strongest, blackest mud you can imagine, and I loved it. It's a little taste of home.

Today I was in the bathroom after lunch and there were three other teachers brushing their teeth in there. My teacher was one of them and when she saw me go to wash my hands, she said, "Mandi.... you have such good hygeine!"
..... What! haha

Here's a little preview at how dramatic my kids are sometimes. They are crazy! The assignment below was to color a freaking picture of Peter Rabbit. We had just learned about Beatrix Potter and watched/read the story together on Youtube (I know.... kind of a lame lesson for middle schoolers, but alas, I must abide by the book sometimes). So anyway. COLOR A FREAKING PICTURE OF PETER RABBIT! Not difficult, haha.

It says, "Justice blooming in the blood and black place." WTF?!
When I graded this paper, I first of all, laughed, then began to worry.
I wrote, "Nani (Boy's name), WTF? Weirdo. A+"

Scene: 6:59 AM. Saturday morning.
Crew of men building a building apx. 20 feet from where I lay my head.
Notice: power saw, loud tools, etc.
Me: crying/breaking things
More soon,
<3 M

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home