Things I Don't Remember

eating snacks all around the world

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hallo-weenies

Update: Today the brother and sister (Sanje and Jessica) came back to school. They did end up in Masan in search of their mother, but they had the wrong address, and with no phone number to call, they never found her. They just came back on the bus instead. Today after class, Ellen scolded James gently and he started crying, and I just wanted to hug him. Then she got a little angry and said, "Grow up, Sanje." And, my heart just broke for him. I know it's a different culture, and it's a different mindset. But I really don't think any kids deserve to be ditched by their mom (especially after spending the first 10- 13 years of their lives with her).

Some days my students are well behaved little darlings. Usually, once a month or so. Most days, not. Today I had an unmistakable urge to slap this chubby little punk with braces. "Bob" has given me trouble every single day since I got here. So today I gave him a little trouble of his own.

I watched this video* the other day on youtube and jumped. I must have also made a little scaredy cat noise, because I was sitting in my office at the time (with headphones on) and all of the other teachers came around me to see if I was ok. I was pretty embarassed, haha, and I tried to explain, but I think they just thought I was weird. But then, I KNEW I had to show it to my kids.

(*warning: it's actually a little scary.)


So today, I did. I showed it to three classes, and all three hilariously freaked out. One second grade boy jumped onto another kid's lap!!! And every girl screamed, haha. I only took video of one class.... and though my second grade freak out was much, much funnier, it's also a classic.

Enjoy below. Ah, the delights of teaching.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Things I never would have thought to bring to my kids, but will now.

October 28, 2011 at 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home