Things I Don't Remember

eating snacks all around the world

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

OR-E-O

Small victories of today:

1. I successfully navigated the bus, alone, to E-Mart and back. I made it in one piece! (Though, I did take the bus the wrong way home, and a trip that should have taken 10-15 minutes took about 45, haha. I'm learning.)

2. E-Mart is the massive four floor sell-it-all store (and I mean IT ALL- they sell shoes, groceries, furniture, and even cats + dogs! -- NO, NOT TO EAT, you sickos!). It's by far my favorite place in Jinju thus far. I made it out of there and onto the bus with a loaf of bread!!, peanut butter!!, nutella!!, fabric softener, and, my biggest delight of the day, Oreo-Os. I've been searching for this cereal in the US for years now, and even looked for it the week before I left home. Leave it to Korea of all places to have the world's stock of Oreo-Os. Anyway, awesome.

3. Skyping is really helping me not to feel so homesick, and it makes me so happy to be able to still see the faces of my peeps.

4. Finally, I got my teacher to write down my address for me! Here it is!!




I'm feeling good today, staying humble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home