Things I Don't Remember

eating snacks all around the world

Thursday, February 2, 2012

All Good Things...

Well, my five weeks of getting paid to do nothing has finally come to an end. Today is the last day where it will be acceptable for me to spend hours on end playing Words With Friends and reading backlogged Jezebel articles. I have to say, it was a lot easier for me to waste six hours every day than I ever thought it would be! In a way, becoming sedentary at work has been good for me, motivating me to go out and be more active AFTER work. I've started a yoga class, I found the public pool, and have had dinner with girlfriends every week since the inception of my deskwarming. 2012!

In incredible deals news, things I bought for a total of about $85:
1. Prescription Sunglasses!
2. An awesome waterproof digital camera
3. A delicious Japanese dinner for two!
Some things are absurdly inexpensive in Korea, ie- electronics, optical care, public transportation and dining out. Other things are absurdly expensive, ie- fresh produce, new clothes, and beauty products. I quickly learned to enjoy the cheap stuff while I can!

This weekend I will go to Bugok, a town about an hour and a half north of Jinju, to enjoy the natural hot springs. I am so excited for this! Currently, Bugok is also running a winter ice sculpture festival which we will hopefully be able to see from our perches in the water. It has been so cold and windy here, sitting in a natural hot tub outside with my friends just sounds too perfect. Afterwards, we're gonna go get "authentic Mexican food" at a place not far from Bugok aptly named "Mexico." We'll see how authentic it is, haha.

Things are beyond good. In just under two weeks, Ian will be here and our Korean adventure will begin. And then.... Thailand!!!!
More pictures soon!!!
<3M

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home